After I cleaned all the mortar off the old brick I hired a mason to rebuild the wall. The guy was mexican and he had his 12 year old son helping and his wife mixed all the mortar by hand ;)
I will wait one more week before I lower the jacks and set the house back down.
About two weeks ago I heard an awful sound in the midddle of the night and was sure that the side of the house fell. It turned out to be Matt falling off the top bunk:)
I hope that a couple of 50lb kids wouldn't be the failure of the ~20 tons I have braced up although I would never put it passed them.
4 comments:
So, in the meantime, if the kids run and jump around in the house, what will happen? I would feel a bit insecure living in a jacked up house!
How come I just get the update email and my sister already posted comments?? Never mind - its always been like that!
About two weeks ago I heard an awful sound in the midddle of the night and was sure that the side of the house fell. It turned out to be Matt falling off the top bunk:)
I hope that a couple of 50lb kids wouldn't be the failure of the ~20 tons I have braced up although I would never put it passed them.
I always was one to get the school assignments done the day they were given ...
Post a Comment